Role: Finance Manager
Type of Employment: Fixed Term Contract
The Law and Society Trust (www.lawandsocietytrust.org) is an independent, not for profit organization established in 1982, engaged in promoting Human Rights, Social Justice and the Rule of Law. The Trust is seeking applications for the post Finance Manager of the Trust. The salary is negotiable based on experience and time available to devote to work.
Please apply with CV and cover letter giving two referees and expected remuneration, by 26th February 2017 to the Executive Director, Law and Society Trust, No 3, Kynsey Terrace, Colombo 08 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Estimating and reviewing budgets, payrolls and expenditures.
- Preparing Annual, Quarterly Financial Statements as necessary.
- Settling accounting incongruities.
- Keeping compiled databases are updated.
- Dealing with banks and agencies for audits and other requirement.
- Monitoring reports with accuracy and detail and submitting the timely monthly, quarterly and year end close reports in duly manner as per the deadlines and rules of the donors.
- University degree with knowledge in accounting, finance or a related field.
- Part or fully qualified in Sri Lanka chartered accountancy examinations
- At least two years of experience in audit, financial and accounting work, solid experience in budgeting, planning and reporting on international funded projects.
- Good knowledge of administrative, taxation and accounting regulations and procedures applicable in Sri Lanka
- Good computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and accounting software.
- Working English language skills in both writing and speaking.
LST is an equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Women Candidates are encouraged to Apply.